SPAN 102: Elementary Spanish IIEnroll Now
This course continues the introduction to the essential elements of Spanish structure, vocabulary, and aspects of Hispanic culture. SPAN 102 focuses on grammar, conversational expressions, vocabulary, and presents the past and perfect tenses and the subjunctive mood. Aural comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing are stressed.
Prerequisite: SPAN 101 or equivalent.
- This course uses an online textbook package: Zayas-Bazán, Bacon, and Nibert, ¡Arriba! Communicación y Cultura,6th edition, includes an interactive version of the text, an interactive student activities manual, and the audio and video programs. The course syllabus explains how to purchase the book and the access code. The same package is used for SPAN 101.
Computer System/Equipment Requirements:
- See MySpanishLab system requirements.
- You must have a computer headset (microphone and earphones).
- The supervised final exam includes a listening section, so the exam site must have a CD player or a cassette tape player.
- Kendris and Kendris, 501 Spanish Verbs, any edition
- HarperCollins Spanish-English Dictionary, any edition
- Spinelli, English Grammar for Students of Spanish: A Study Guide for Those Learning Spanish, any edition
View a sample course syllabus.
Contact the Friday Center at StuServ@unc.edu with any questions or for more information.
< BACK: Course List