SPAN 101: Elementary Spanish IEnroll Now
An introduction to the essential elements of Spanish structure, vocabulary, and aspects of Hispanic culture. SPAN 101 focuses on basic conjugation and grammar, conversational expressions, and the present tenses. Aural comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing are stressed.
- This course uses an online textbook package: Zayas-Bazán, Bacon, and Nibert, ¡Arriba! Communicación y Cultura,6th edition, includes an interactive version of the text, an interactive student activities manual, and the audio and video programs. The course syllabus explains how to purchase the book and the access code upon enrollment. The same package is used for SPAN 102.
Computer System/Equipment Requirements:
- See MySpanishLab system requirements.
- You must have a computer headset (microphone and earphones).
- The supervised final exam includes a listening section, so the exam site must have a CD player or a cassette tape player.
- Kendris and Kendris, 501 Spanish Verbs, any edition
- HarperCollins Spanish-English Dictionary, any edition
- Spinelli, English Grammar for Students of Spanish: A Study Guide for Those Learning Spanish, any edition
View a sample course syllabus.
Contact the Friday Center at StuServ@unc.edu with any questions or for more information.
< BACK: Course List