ITAL 203: Intermediate Italian I
ITAL 203 develops your skills in the four areas of grammar, reading, writing, and pronunciation. You will review some of the grammatical structures you learned in your second-semester Italian course and learn a few new ones. Readings include essays on many aspects of Italian culture, including food, holidays, music, information technology, American influence, and social problems. You will also read a collection of short stories by a famous Italian author. The readings will help you expand your vocabulary and increase your fluency.
Prerequisite: ITAL 102 or equivalent
- Lazzarino, Peccianti, and Dini, Prego! 7th edition (2008), ISBN: 978-0073535265
- Lazzarino and Dini, Workbook to accompany Prego! An Invitation to Italian, 7th edition (2008), ISBN 978-0073266763
- A cassette recorder (regular or mini) and a set of blank audiocassette tapes to use with it.
- a good Italian/English dictionary. Webster’s New World Italian Dictionary is recommended, or, if you have access to the Internet, Garzanti.
- Lazzarino and Dini, Laboratory Manual to accompany Prego! An Invitation to Italian, 7th edition, ISBN 978-0073266695
View a sample course syllabus.
Contact the Friday Center at StuServ@unc.edu with any questions or for more information.
< BACK: Course List