ITAL 203: Intermediate Italian IEnroll Now
ITAL 203 develops your skills in the four areas of grammar, reading, writing, and pronunciation. You will review some of the grammatical structures you learned in your second-semester Italian course and learn a few new ones. Readings include essays on many aspects of Italian culture, including food, holidays, music, information technology, American influence, and social problems. You will also read a collection of short stories by a famous Italian author. The readings will help you expand your vocabulary and increase your fluency.
Prerequisite: ITAL 102 or equivalent
- Lazzarino, Peccianti, and Dini, Prego! 7th edition (2008), ISBN: 978-0073535265
- Lazzarino and Dini, Workbook to accompany Prego! An Invitation to Italian, 7th edition (2008), ISBN 978-0073266763
- A cassette recorder (regular or mini) and a set of blank audiocassette tapes to use with it.
- a good Italian/English dictionary. Webster’s New World Italian Dictionary is recommended, or, if you have access to the Internet, Garzanti.
- Lazzarino and Dini, Laboratory Manual to accompany Prego! An Invitation to Italian, 7th edition, ISBN 978-0073266695
View a sample course syllabus.
Contact the Friday Center at StuServ@unc.edu with any questions or for more information.
< BACK: Course List