HIST 140: The World Since 1945Enroll Now
This course provides an introduction to the social, economic, and political history of the world since 1945. The course focuses on international problems and on case studies of individual countries.
- Drakulic, How We Survived Communism and Even Laughed(1993)
- Hayslip, When Heaven and Earth Changed Places (1990)
- Heng and Shapiro, Son of the Revolution (1983)
- Thiong’o, Matigari (1998)
- Menchu and Burgos-Debray, I, Rigoberta Menchu (1999)
- Greider, One World, Ready or Not (1999)
- HIST 140 Coursepack
- Vadney, The World Since 1945 (1999)
View a sample course syllabus.
Contact the Friday Center at StuServ@unc.edu with any questions or for more information.
< BACK: Course List