EXSS 175: Human AnatomyEnroll Spring
We’ll take a systematic approach to studying human anatomy during this course, with a special emphasis on the musculoskeletal, articular, and nervous systems. The objectives for this course are to:
- become familiar with anatomical terminology
- combine theoretical knowledge and practical experience in anatomy; to apply that knowledge and experience to the interpretation of human movement
- establish a basis for more advanced study in the movement sciences (advanced anatomy, athletic training, physical therapy, physical education, and so on).
There is one required text for the course. You may purchase it as a printed textbook or an e-text, whichever you prefer.
- Printed: Tortora and Derrickson, Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, 13th edition (2012), ISBN 978-0470917770
- E-text: Purchase on the Wiley website.
- Bowden and Bowden, An Illustrated Atlas of the Skeletal Muscles, 3rd edition, 2012. ISBN 978-0895828088.
View sample course syllabus.
Contact the Friday Center at CCO@unc.edu with any questions or for more information.
< BACK: Course List